Superhero movies have become increasingly popular over the last 15 years. Movie companies are expanding their budgets to meet the desires of movie goers to make bigger, more enticing movies. One expense they have that is always increasing in the salary of the superhero actors. In the world of lavish income, fancy trinkets and even high class credit cards. Here is a list of 15 of the highest paid superhero actors.
Top paid actors for superhero movies
- Chris Evans: Captain America – $6.9 Million
- Ryan Reynolds: Green Lantern – $9 Million
- George Clooney: Batman – $10 Million
- Ben Affleck: Daredevil – $12.5 Million
- Ryan Reynolds: Deadpool – $13.8 Million
- Halle Berry: Catwoman – $14 Million
- Henry Cavill: Superman – $14 Million
- Tobey Maguire: Spiderman – $15 Million
- Hugh Jackman: Wolverine – $20 Million
- Scarlett Johansson: Black Widow – $20 Million
- Channing Tatum: Gambit – $27 Million
- Christian Bale: Batman – $30 Million
- Robert Downe-y Jr.: Iron Man – $40 Million
- Marlon Brando: Superman 1978 – $55 Million
- Jack Nicholson: The Joker $100 Million
Villain paid more than the superhero actors
Jack Nicholson was paid more to be the villain and not the hero in the 1989 Batman movie/ He is considered to be an incredibly talented superhero actor. His role has been considered “unparalleled” until the casting of Heath Ledger in the recent Batman movies. Nicholson was paid substantially more than Michael Keaton did to play Batman.
Marlon Brando was paid $3.7 million for 13 days of filming for the 1978 Superman movie. He was also giving over 10% of the movies total gross earnings. This amounted to $55 million. Quite a handsome sum for a superhero actor these days.
Superhero actors huge difference in pay
In one of the final avenger movies, Chris Evans faces off with Robert Downey Jr. and wins, however, he definitely didn’t win the payroll battle. Captain America’s earnings are $6.9 Million while Iron Man has brought $40 million. This is almost 10 times more than Chris Evans. He does have serious acting chops and was an established Hollywood start long before Iron Man.
Black Widow, played by Scarlett Johansson got paid $20 million for her role in Age of Ultron. She is seen as a secondary character in the franchise.
Hugh Jackman will always be known to play the role of Wolverine. It was said that,” no other actor has endured the requirements of this job with more grace than Hugh Jackman”. Often superhero actors have to agree to a rigorous schedule of multi-movie deals. They have rigorous training and filming schedule that keeps them busy and unable to pursue other things in life.